Monday, October 16, 2017

Statement from Dr. Michael Morris

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 Dr. Morris was named Superintendent of Schools. Here is a statement he released after this appointment:

"It has been a privilege to have spent my educational career in our districts working on behalf of the children of Amherst, Leverett, Pelham and Shutesbury, and I am honored that I have been allowed to continue that work as the Superintendent of Schools. I want to thank the members of the School Committee for developing an open and thoughtful process in making this decision and for affording me this opportunity. The support of the School Committees, the outstanding Amherst Regional Public Schools faculty and staff, and the broader community has been invaluable during my time as Interim Superintendent. I look forward to continuing to build on those strong working relationships as we move forward with our vital work to support our communities’ most valuable resource—our children. Thank you again to the School Committee for showing your confidence in me in the vote for my appointment as well as over the past 13 months; I am excited for the journey ahead that we will travel, together, for the betterment of our students, families, staff, and community."