The Amherst Charter Commission will be holding its first public hearing on Thursday May 12, 2016 in the Amherst Regional Middle School Auditorium beginning at 7 p.m., for a community conversation about Amherst and its values about Town government.
We invite participants to share their thoughts on questions such as the following:
· What aspects of Amherst's current approach to government do you like?
· What aspects do you think could be improved?
· What do you see as key challenges facing Amherst?
· How can we improve our Town government’s ability to meet those challenges?
· Any other thoughts or feedback you would like to provide?
Residents will be able to provide input verbally (2 minute limit each) and/or in writing at the event. Residents can also provide their answers to the questions above using the Public Input Form link on the Charter Commission webpage (see below).
The work of the Charter Commission can be followed online at www.amherstma.gov (look for “Charter Commission” on the “Boards and Committees” page).
Feedback is also welcome via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Other opportunities for input from residents, staff, and other stakeholders will be forthcoming.
The Amherst Charter Commission:
Andy Churchill, Chair
Nick Grabbe, Clerk
Mandi Jo Hanneke, Vice Chair