The Cognition and Action Lab at UMass Amherst is recruiting children (6 - 9 years of age) for a study assessing the effects of sleep on behavior in children with ADHD.
· Children will wear a watch to monitor sleep for 10-days
· For 5 days of the study, your child will follow their normal sleep routine
· For the other 5 days of the study, your child will go to bed 1.5 hours earlier than they normally do
· There will be approximately 1 week between these 5-day periods
· At the end of these 5 day testing periods, you and your child will participate in 2 overnight visits at our sleep lab located on campus
· During these overnight visits, children will complete a computer task and wear sleep-recording sensors to measure sleep physiology during overnight sleep
If you and your child choose to participate, you are free to withdraw anytime. Eligible children should have diagnosed ADHD, no other developmental disorders or sleep disorders, sleep ≤ 10 hours/night, have a bedtime after 8pm (on average) and have normal, or corrected to normal vision.
Children will receive a small prize and caregivers will receive up to $100.00.
If you would like to learn more about this research, please contact Amanda:
Phone: (413) 545 – 4831