Monday, April 4, 2016

Principal Finocchio Announces Departure from Fort River

Last Friday Principal Finocchio announced that she would be leaving Fort River on June 30th of this year. We are extremely sad to see her go and wish her the best! We will share any details about the search for her replacement as they become available. 
Announcement from Principal Finocchio:
April 1, 2016
Dear Families, 
I write this letter to inform you that as of June 30, 2016, I will be leaving the position of principal of Fort River Elementary School.  At this time, I need to relocate back to Eastern Massachusetts to be with my family.  
It is not without sadness that I leave Fort River. Fort River School and the Amherst community will always be special to me.  I feel fortunate and privileged to have had the opportunity to serve as principal for the last two years. It has been an honor to experience strong partnerships with the students, staff, and families in the community.  Although I am leaving Amherst, the fond memories and learning experiences I have had here will stay with me always. 
I am very proud of the achievements and growth our students have made and I know the good work will continue. I am eager to hear about the continued success of our students. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you, your children and this outstanding community. To say the very least, I will miss the Fort River School!  
Sincerely, 
Bobbie Finocchio
Principal  

__________________________________
1 de abril del 2016
Queridas familias,
Escribo esta carta para comunicarles que el 30 de junio del 2016, estaré dejando mi cargo de Principal de la Escuela Elemental de Fort River. En este momento, necesito reubicarme de nuevo al este de Massachusetts para estar con mi familia.
No es sin tristeza que dejo la Escuela de Fort River. La Escuela de Fort River y la comunidad de Amherst, siempre serán especiales para mí. Me siento afortunada y privilegiada de haber tenido la oportunidad de servir como principal durante los últimos dos años. Ha sido un honor experimentar alianzas firmes con los estudiantes, el personal y las familias de la comunidad. A pesar de que estoy dejando a Amherst, los recuerdos y las experiencias de aprendizaje, que he tenido aquí permanecerán conmigo siempre.
Estoy muy orgullosa de los logros y el crecimiento que nuestros estudiantes han alcanzado y sé que el buen trabajo continuará. Estaré ansiosa por escuchar sobre el éxito continúo de nuestros estudiantes. Gracias por la oportunidad de servirles a ustedes, sus hijos y esta comunidad excepcional.  ¡Lo mínimo que les puedo decir es que extrañare La Escuela de Fort River!
Sinceramente,
Bobbie Finocchio