Friday, September 5, 2008

Welcome (Back) to the Parent Council Website!

Dear Fort River Families, Welcome (back) to Fort River and the Parent Council Website! I hope you all had a wonderful summer and a great start to the new school year. It was wonderful to see so many of you at this morning's Coffee With a Principal, where we all got to greet Ray Sharick. I'm sure you all join me in wishing him well as he gets to know us and our children. Welcome to the Fort River Community! I am looking forward to working with our new Parent Council President, Sue Borden, and the rest of the Parent Council officers and members this year. Please bear with Sue and me as we work out a schedule for updating this website. I have already made quite a few updates, but you may find that some of the links and features may not be functioning yet. Please be patient: I intend to get them working as soon as possible! If you haven't already subscribed to our Parent Council email list, you can easily be added to the list by sending me an email at: damclaughlin@comcast.net. You'll get weekly email reminders to check the updates on this blog, and you'll also get automatic calendar reminders before the various Fort River events such as the Family Fair and Parent Council meetings. All Fort River families, staff and faculty are welcome to sign up! Have you been getting Parent Council emails this year? Make sure I have your latest email address or else you won't! Once again, just send me an email with your updated address. Also, please let me know what your old email address was so I can remove it from the list. If you no longer wish to be on the list, please send me an email as well, and I'll unsubscribe you. Or, send any email to: fort_river_parent_council_newsletter-unsubscribe@npogroups.org and you will be automatically unsubscribed. And finally, as always, I make every attempt to keep the website and calendar up-to-date and accurate. If you notice a mistake or omission, please feel free to send me an email with the correction and I'll fix it as soon as possible. Thanks, Ann McLaughlin Fort River Parent Council Secretary and Website Editor