Friday, June 13, 2008

A Note from Ann McLaughlin

Dear Fort River Families and Friends, It has (once again!) been an eventful and interesting year at Fort River. I have enjoyed working on this website throughout the year, and I have received lots of positive feedback. Fort River School is lucky to have so many caring (and smart!) parents, teachers, staff and students and I feel proud and fortunate to be a part of it. I would like to send out my personal thanks to our wonderful Parent Council President of the past three years, Catherine Sanderson, who encouraged me to explore this new way of communicating with all of you, and who has provided me with so much of the information found here every week. Thanks, Catherine, for your tireless work on Parent Council, and continued success as you move on to bigger and better things on the School Committee. I would also like to congratulate Principal Vernon-Jones on his retirement and wish him much luck with his future endeavors (and some well-earned free time and enjoyment)! Thanks also to all the wonderful teachers and staff of Fort River, who continue to amaze me with their daily dedication to all of our children. I hope all families feel as supported and welcome at Fort River as my own family has over the past 8 years. To those of you who will also be moving on next year, we'll all miss you and wish you well. The number of subscribers to our email list has grown steadily throughout the year, and as of today we have 171 people signed up. If you will be leaving us and no longer want to receive updates from me, please send me an email at damclaughlin@comcast.net. I will unsubscribe you after the end of the school year. This will be my last regular update for the year, but I will send out any updates as needed until the last day of school. Have a wonderful summer everyone! I’ll be back next year! Sincerely, Ann McLaughlin Fort River Parent Council Secretary